[Artifact] What does your company do and what's your role?
[Keith Lee] Dassian builds add-on components (software) for SAP (the largest ERP software company in the world). We concentrate in the project accounting area and cater mostly to Aerospace, Defense, Engineering and Construction companies.
[Artifact] What issues were you trying to solve when you found Lighthouse?
[Keith Lee] Dassian was looking for a tool to cover two main purposes:
- To allow us to communicate with each other as we are going through a development cycle with a new product (or upgrades to an existing product). Our staff is international and 100% virtual.
- To allow customer interaction with our staff for issues, bugs, enhancement requests and questions. We also wanted to integrate our user and technical guides when we resolved customer queries.
[Artifact] Why did you choose Lighthouse and how is it most helpful for you?
[Keith Lee] We chose Lighthouse for the following reasons:
- Lighthouse provides a framework to interact with our customers that is 100% web-based and not dependent on software installation.
- Lighthouse provides an easy-to-use tool to communicate internally as we are developing and resolving issues.
- Lighthouse took NO TIME to get started. We were productive within a few hours and within a few days had created a Dassian-specific user guide that we were able to provide to our customers.
- Lighthouse has a low cost of ownership.
- Lighthouse allows us to grow into using more functionality for our software development cycles.